Preventing migraine - NICE TA871
NICE TA 971 - Eptinezumab for preventing migraine
1.1 Eptinezumab is recommended as an option for preventing migraine in adults, only if:
• they have 4 or more migraine days a month
• at least 3 preventive drug treatments have failed and
• the company provides it according to the commercial arrangement.
1.2 Stop eptinezumab after 12 weeks of treatment if:
• in episodic migraine (fewer than 15 headache days a month), the frequency does not reduce by at least 50%
• in chronic migraine (15 headache days a month or more with at least 8 of those having features of migraine), the frequency does not reduce by at least 30%.
Reason for decision: